INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Review of The Girls Across the Bay (Knox and Sheppard Book 1) by Emerald O'Brien





A bond stronger than blood. A connection that could end it all.
Madigan Knox and Grace Sheppard became sisters the day they entered their foster home. After living through a childhood nightmare, one brave act set them free, but split them apart into different homes.
As adults, they are reunited in the small coastal town they dreamed of living in as children, but the reality of life in Tall Pines is far from what they had imagined.
When a woman is found dead​ in her home​, Madigan reports on the crime while Grace investigates. A dark connection to the victim is discovered, pulling them both closer to the crime and the traumatic past they are desperate to move on from.
With old wounds ripped open and dark secrets threatening their bond, the sisters must rely on each other more than ever before to survive.

MY REVIEW:

THE GIRLS ACROSS THE BAY IS BOOK 1 IN THE KNOX AND SHEPPARD SERIES.  I NEVER HESITATE TO READ ONE OF EMERALD O'BRIEN'S BOOKS BECAUSE I KNOW I AM NOT GOING TO BE DISAPPOINTED.  THE GIRLS ACROSS THE BAY IS AN AWESOME START TO A NEW A SERIES.  IT HAS EVERYTHING YOU EXPECT IN A BOOK FROM EMERALD O'BRIEN.  THERE IS MURDER, ACTION, SUSPENSE, MYSTERY, ROMANCE AND SHE LOVES TO THROW TWISTS INTO THE STORY TO THROW YOU OFF AND KEEP YOU GUESSING.  EMERALD HAS SOME WELL DEVELOPED CHARACTERS AND PLOTS IN EACH OF HER STORIES.  THEY ARE ALWAYS UNIQUE AND DIFFERENT FROM ANYTHING I HAVE READ.  EMERALD'S STORIES ALWAYS KEEP ME GUESSING AND WANTING MORE.  ALL HER STORIES ARE PAGE TURNERS AND YOU WILL NOT WANT TO PUT THEM DOWN.

THE GIRLS ACROSS THE BAY WAS NO EXCEPTION.  I LOVE THE BOND FORMED BETWEEN MADIGAN AND GRACE IN THE FOSTER CARE SYSTEM.   EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE NOT BLOOD SISTERS, MADIGAN AND GRACE DEVELOPED THIS UNBREAKABLE BOND AND CONNECTION.  THEY DID THINGS AND PROTECTED ONE ANOTHER IN FOSTER CARE.  EVEN AFTER THEY WERE SEPARATED, MADIGAN AND GRACE KEPT IN TOUCH AND THEIR BOND CONTINUES TO DEVELOP.  WITHOUT THEIR BOND, I THINK BOTH WOULD HAVE DEVELOPED INTO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.  THEIR BOND SAVED THEIR LIVES.  WHEN GRACE MOVES CLOSER TO MADIGAN, THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO SPEND TIME TOGETHER AGAIN AND BE THE SISTERS THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN.  THEN A MURDER OCCURS THAT MIGHT BE CONNECTED TO THEIR PAST.  WILL MADIGAN AND GRACE'S PAST COME BACK TO HAUNT THEM?  WILL THEY SURVIVE AS EACH INVESTIGATES THE MURDER?

THE GIRLS ACROSS THE BAY IS ANOTHER WONDERFUL READ BY THE AWESOME EMERALD O'BRIEN.  IT WAS A PAGE TURNER FOR ME AND KEPT ME IN SUSPENSE THE WHOLE TIME.  I DIDN'T GUESS WHO THE MURDERER WAS UNTIL THE VERY END.  THIS IS A MUST READ FOR YOU MURDER, MYSTERY FANS OUT THERE.  YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED AND SHE WILL LEAVE YOU WANTING MORE.  I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES.  5 STARS






Biography
Emerald O'Brien was born and raised just east of Toronto, Ontario. She graduated from her Television Broadcasting and Communications Media program at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario.
In 2014, Emerald decided to pursue her life-long passion for writing stories. As the author of unpredictable and suspenseful reads, she has published the Darkness Follows Duet, and The Avery Hart Trilogy.
When she is not reading or writing, Emerald can be found with family and friends. Watching movies with her husband and their two beagles is one of her favourite ways to spend an evening at home.

To find out more, visit Emerald on her website: http://emeraldobrien.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment