INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Review of Bed of Roses by DV Fischer

I’m afraid of death. Working at a funeral home does things to people, and when my parents died, my fear stared me in the face. I needed to start over and all but ran to a small, tired town in Utah. I was told that the house I’d be renting would need a lot of work. Of course, I was up for the task because that meant a cheaper place to live. But no one told me about how bad it truly was – missing windows, pink toilets, yellow wallpaper. No one told me how the previous owner went missing and his blood stained the wood floors either. Another thing I wasn’t told? That a hot and broody handyman would be fixing it up with me. And the best part? He’s fresh out of prison. This wasn’t how I expected this to go, to be working alongside Cole Garner, being reminded of my fear because he won’t tell me why he was in prison. He harbors some dark secrets, and even though I shouldn’t, I will figure them out. I just hadn’t planned to fall for him while I was looking for answers. Cole’s past wasn’t the only answers I discovered. Details of what happened to the previous owner arose and I’m forced into the truth of his murder. Even though I ran from it, death has no intention of leaving me alone.

MY REVIEW:

AFTER TEAGAN'S PARENTS DIE, TEAGAN DECIDES TO QUIT HER JOB AND LEAVE DEATH BEHIND FOR A NEW BEGINNING IN A SMALL UTAH TOWN. THERE SHE IS OFFERED A JOB WORKING WITH HER COLLEGE FRIEND, TORI. NEEDING A PLACE TO STAY, SHE MAKES A DEAL WITH A MAN WHO WILL LOWER THE RENT IF SHE HELPS WITH THE RENOVATIONS. WHAT THE MAN FAILED TO TELL TEAGAN IS THAT HIS BROTHER IS MISSING, WHO IS THE PRIOR OWNER AND THAT SHE WOULD BE WORKING WITH EX-CON, COLE GARNER.   TEAGAN AND COLE'S FIRST ENCOUNTER DOESN'T GO VERY WELL BUT WHAT IS OBVIOUS IS THE ATTRACTION THEY FEEL TOWARDS ONE ANOTHER.  AS TEAGAN CONCENTRATES ON COLE AND THE RENOVATIONS, STRANGE THINGS BEGIN TO HAPPEN THAT HAVE TEAGAN QUESTIONING HER SANITY AND WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO THE PRIOR OWNER. WILL TEAGAN DISCOVER THE WHEREABOUTS OF THE PRIOR OWNER?

BED OF ROSE IS A WELL-WRITTEN, AND FAST PACED SUSPENSEFUL, SPICY READ WITH A TOUCH OF PARANORMAL.  I WAS IMMEDIATELY DRAWN INTO THE STORY AS I FOLLOWED TEAGAN AND COLE'S STORY AS THEY SET OUT TO SOLVE A MURDER MYSTERY. THE PASSION AND CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THEM MADE THE PAGES STEAM.  I LOVE BOTH TEAGAN AND COLE. BOTH FELT LIKE REAL PEOPLE WITH REAL ISSUES THAT EVERYONE CAN RELATE TO.  TEAGAN AND COLE EACH HAD THEIR OWN ISSUES AND A PAST. COLE'S PAST WAS HEARTBREAKING IN WHAT HE HAD TO ENDORE IN ORDER TO PROTECT HIS SISTER. BED OF ROSES BRINGS ALOT OF EMOTIONS TO THE READER.  THE STORY WILL MAKE YOU ANGRY AT THE CRIMES COMMITTED AGAINST CHILDREN, YOU WILL CRY AND YOU WILL LAUGH. MUST READ FOR EVERYONE. 4 STARS. 
DV Fischer USA Today & International bestselling and two-time Iowa award-winning author DV Fischer is a mother of two very busy boys, a wife to wonderful husband, and an owner of three sock-loving German Shorthair Pointers. They also have two cats named Geralt and Jaskier. Together, they live in Sheldon, Iowa. When DV Fischer isn't chasing after her children, she spends her time typing like a mad woman while consuming vast amounts of caffeine. Sometimes, if her husband can manage to remind her of the real world outside her office window, they hike! You can follow DV Fischer on Amazon, Bookbub, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, or join her VIP Reader's Group on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment