INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, May 18, 2020

Review of The Lucky Ones by Kiersten Modglin




From Kiersten Modglin, award-winning author of psychological suspense, comes the thriller that has readers locking their doors and checking over their shoulders as they turn every delicious page...


They were supposed to die.
Five years ago, the residents of the Gerbera subdivision in the small town of Fallen Oaks were brutally murdered in their beds. The only survivors, now called The Fallen Oaks Five, were children--practically strangers at the time, forever connected by the weight of all they witnessed.
Now grown, the anniversary of their families' deaths approaches and the Fallen Oaks Five receive letters of warning: the killers are still out there and they aren't finished with them. In a race against time and murderers who remain both faceless and nameless, the Five must return to their old homes in order to piece together the events of a night they'd all rather forget. Their old town is riddled with secrets, and every person they come into contact with is a suspect. With everything at stake, can the Five solve the mystery and finally learn the truth about the night that cost them everything? Or will they find themselves victims of a fate they should've succumbed to years ago?

"The delicious way that Modglin crafts a story will leave you captivated until the wee hours of the morning, turning pages, determined to figure out the mystery she so expertly weaves in a fictional world that feels too close to reality for comfort."
-Katie Blanchard, Author of Dear Anna

"This book started with a bang, and never slowed down!
Complete with her signature twists, unique plot, and suspense that keeps you turning the pages, Modglin's The Lucky Ones is a book not to be missed!"
-Emerald O'Brien, Author of The Knox and Sheppard Mystery Series

MY REVIEW:

FIVE YEARS AGO, THE RESIDENTS OF GERBERA SUBDIVISION WERE ALL MURDERED IN THEIR BEDS EXCEPT FIVE CHILDREN.  THE CHILDREN MANAGED TO ESCAPE AND THE MURDERERS WERE NEVER CAUGHT.  NOW THE CHILDREN ARE ALL GROWN UP AND BARELY ABLE TO FUNCTION IN SOCIETY DUE TO THE HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE THEY SURVIVED.  THEY RECEIVE A WARNING LETTER FROM THE KILLERS THREATENING THEIR LIVES ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF THEIR PARENTS' DEATHS.  IN ORDER TO MOVE ON, THE FIVE GROWN CHILDREN NEED TO SOLVE THEIR PARENTS' MURDERS AND STOP THE KILLERS BEFORE THEY FINISH WHAT THEY STARTED.

I HAVE NEVER READ ANYTHING BY AUTHOR KIERSTEN MODGLIN BEFORE AND I AM SO GLAD I DID.  THE LUCKY ONES IS SUCH A GREAT READ AND GRABS YOUR ATTENTION FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE.   THE STORY LINE IS VERY UNIQUE AND DIFFERENT FROM ANYTHING I HAVE READ BEFORE.  IT IS VERY EMOTIONAL AND FILLED WITH A LOT OF ACTION AND SUSPENSE.  THE CHARACTERS ARE WELL DEVELOPED AND VERY COMPLEX.  THE AUTHOR TAKES YOU ON AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER RIDE WITH SO MANY UNEXPECTED TWISTS AND TURNS.  THE ACTION NEVER STOPS AND THE AUTHOR KEEPS YOU GUESSING UNTIL THE VERY END.  THE FIVE ADULT CHILDREN ARE CONSTANTLY BEING WATCHED AS THEY INVESTIGATE THE MURDERS FROM FIVE YEARS AGO. THE TOWN HAS A LOT OF SECRETS THAT ARE LEARNED ABOUT ALONG THE WAY.  THE ENDING WAS SUCH A SURPRISE AND NOT WHAT I EXPECTED.  THE LUCKY ONES IS DEFINITELY A MUST READ.  YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT ONE BIT.  THIS WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE THE LAST BOOK I READ BY THIS AUTHOR.  I LOVE AUTHOR KIERSTEN MODGLIN'S STORIES AND I AM SO EXCITED TO READ ANOTHER ONE OF HER BOOKS.  5 STARS






Biography
Kiersten Modglin is an award-winning author of bestselling psychological suspense novels. Kiersten lives in the rural Midwest with her husband, daughter, and their two Boston Terriers: Cedric and Georgie. She is best known for her unpredictable suspense and her readers have dubbed her 'The Queen of Twists.' A Netflix addict, Shonda Rhimes super-fan, psychology fanatic, and indoor enthusiast, Kiersten enjoys rainy days spent with her nose in a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment