INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, September 25, 2023

Review of Blood Lily by Jenny Allen

NYPD independent forensics consultant Lilith Adams may not be precisely human, but it hadn't made her life any less monotonous. The nights and bodies just bled into a dull and seemingly useless existence. All she wanted was a real mystery to chase, a purpose. Everything is about to change, and her quiet little life will never be the same. When her uncle goes missing from a small town in Tennessee, Lilith's doting father sends her to investigate with his head of security, Chance Deveraux. They quickly find themselves caught in a whirlwind of violence and terror that uncovers a story buried for over six hundred years. The vengeful secret could very well cost her everything. To survive, they'll have to find powerful new allies, but trusting them might be the biggest mistake of all. Blood Lily is a thriller that redefines classic supernatural elements and myths through a scientific lens. The story challenges every relationship in Lilith's life, forcing her to deal with the emotional grit of loss in the face of overwhelming odds.

MY REVIEW:

I HAVE NEVER READ ANYTHING BY JENNY ALLEN AND I AM SO GLAD I DID. I LOVE PARANORMAL ESPECIALLY VAMPIRES. BLOOD LILY IS NOTHING LIKE YOUR TYPICAL VAMPIRE STORY. IT IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT TAKE ON THE VAMPIRE LORE. I LOVE THAT LILITH IS A FORESENIC CONSULTANT AND A VAMPIRE AND SHE INVESTIGATES MURDERS. I LOVE THAT THE 2 DIFFERENT WORLDS THAT THE AUTHOR HAS CREATED. VAMPIRES AND HUMANS WORK TOGETHER BUT ARE UNAWARE OF EACH OTHER. JENNY ALLEN HAS CREATED A COMPLEX WORLD THAT DRAWS YOU IN FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE UNTIL THE VERY END. I COULD NOT PUT THE BOOK DOWN. THE CHARACTERS ARE WELL WRITTEN AND YOU WILL LOVE LILY AND CHANCE. I LOVE THEIR CONNECTION AND INTERACTION WITH ONE ANOTHER.  THERE IS SO MUCH CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THEM THAT STEAMS UP THE PAGES. THERE IS CONSTANTLY SOMETHING HAPPENING THROUGHOUT THE STORY THAT WILL LEAVE THE READER ON THE EDGE OF THEIR SEAT. BLOOD LILY IS AN ACTION PACKED STORY THAT WILL LEAVE YOU WANTING MORE. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SERIES. I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER FAVORITE AUTHOR. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE BY JENNY ALLEN. 5 STARS
 
Jenny Allen Jenny (Deardorff) Allen, author of the Lilith Adams Series, is also an award-winning artist and photographer, which contributes to her unique style of vivid imagery. Mrs. Allen has studied forensics, done extensive research on world cultures and myths, and is currently working full-time as an RN. Born on a Royal Airbase in Lakenheath, England, she left the UK at the age of nine to travel the United States and Germany. She began writing poetry after the suicide of a close friend in her sophomore year of high school in San Antonio, Texas. Eventually, Mrs. Allen graduated to short stories and narratives, until 2002 when she wrote her first novel, Lilith in London, which has never been published but exists as 434 handwritten pages. Over the course of twelve years, the story underwent a lengthy metamorphosis, eventually becoming her first published novel, Blood Lily, which won Honorable Mention in the 2022 San Francisco Book Festival and was a Finalist in the CIBA Paranormal Book Awards. Currently, Mrs. Allen is living in York, Pennsylvania, with her son, Kaidan; newlywed husband, Eric Deardorff; and his son, River. She attributes her success to the love, support, and creative criticism of the people around her, including close friends Jason Ratcliff, Emily Kirk, Robin Kruger, Chris Howard, and Kayla Bowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment