INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Review of I Heard You Scream by Emerald O'Brien

Five can keep a secret if four are dead. On a cold fall night in a small Canadian town, four of Chelsea’s friends are found dead, victims of a brutal stabbing—a selfish act of revenge. The only witness, Chelsea spends the next five years struggling to bury her trauma. The victims’ families call her a hero. Her fiancé calls her the love of his life. Her best friend tells her there's nothing more she could have done for her friends. She’s almost convinced herself that it’s true when she attends an anniversary memorial held at the scene of the crime. But Chelsea’s ability to ignore the past comes to an end that very night when she receives an intimidating message. Tell the police the truth about what you all did that night or I will. You have 48 hours to confess. Is it an empty threat from someone digging for facts they don’t actually possess? Or does someone else know Chelsea shared a secret with her friends? Either way, Chelsea knows the stakes are too high to ignore when the blackmailer resorts to violence—those closest to her might be the next victims if she doesn’t do as they ask. The truth can ruin her life. But the lies have her just as trapped, a pawn in a deadly game even she doesn’t fully understand. She has no choice but to confess. But Chelsea’s about to discover that some things are best taken to the grave.

MY REVIEW:

I HEARD YOU SCREAM IS AN AMAZING PSYCHOLOGICAL, SUSPENSE THRILLER THAT WILL LEAVE YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT AND GUESSING UNTIL THE VERY END.  EMERALD O'BRIEN, AUTHOR HAS AGAIN CREATED A UNIQUE AND SUSPENSEFUL STORY WITH UNIQUE AND INTRIGUING CHARACTERS. THE AUTHOR DRAWS YOU INTO THE STORY FROM THE VERY BEGINNING UNTIL THE VERY END AND THERE ARE ALOT OF TWIST AND TURNS ALONG THE WAY LEAVING YOU GUESSING. THE STORY IS TOLD IN TWO DIFFERENT TIME LINES WHICH THE READER IS ABLE TO FOLLOW VERY EASILY.  I LOVE EMERALD'S WRITING AND HER BOOKS GETS BETTER AND BETTER EACH TIME. I HIGHTLY RECOMMEND HER AS AN AUTHOR YOU WANT TO CHECK OUT ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A FAN OF PSYCHOLOGICAL SUPENSE.  I HEARD YOU SCREAM IS A MUST READ.  5 STARS
 
Emerald O'Brien Emerald O'Brien is a Canadian author, born and raised just east of Toronto, Ontario. She graduated from her Television Broadcasting and Communications Media program at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario. In 2014, Emerald decided to pursue her life-long passion for writing unpredictable stories packed with suspense. When she is not reading or writing, Emerald can be found with family and friends. Watching movies with her two beagles is one of her favourite ways to spend an evening at home. To find out more, visit Emerald on her website: http://emeraldobrien.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment