INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Friday, June 4, 2021

Cruel Summer Book Tour and Giveaway

 


Cruel Summer
by Bernard Jan
Genre: YA Cross-Genre, Dystopian, Sexual Abuse, Skateboarding


All he wants to do is skate. But they have other plans for him.

Michael Daniels is seventeen and dreams to enter professional skateboarding contests. But beneath New Manhattan, a city under the oppressive shadow of climate change, exists another world altogether—secret laboratories which threaten society as he knows it.

Those with power will get what they want. No price is too high, even if it means making someone special or robbing them of their dignity, freedom . . . or life.

The price is too high for Michael, though. He has endured his stepfather’s abuse and mind games for almost as long as he remembers. Until one day he takes matters into his own hands, ruining the lives of those he loves most. And his skateboarding friends, Alien and Victor, are his only hope for freedom.

When there is no hope left, friendship is what remains.

Order your copy of this gripping, unexpected, strong, and emotional, Young Adult cross-genre novel by Bernard Jan, the author of January RiverLook for Me Under the Rainbow, and A World Without Color.




**Help the author with your vote for Cruel Summer in 
TCK Publishing Reader’s Choice Awards 2021 contest.!**
To cast your vote please use the arrows to navigate to the page 12/16 YA and Middle Grade book category. 
When you are there, scroll down to Cruel Summer by Bernard Jan and click on the book. And that should be it!



"There is no greater joy than to share what you love with those who appreciate it."--Bernard Jan
My pen name is Bernard Jan. I am an award-winning novelist and a poet from Croatia, and I have released four books in English. I am Readers' Favorite Gold Medalist 2020 and Readers' Favorite Bronze Medalist 2019.

"A World Without Color" is a true story of the last three days I spent with my cat, while "Look for Me Under the Rainbow" in a unique and gentle way sheds light on the plight of harp seal pups in Canada. It warms the heart of all readers concerned about our planet and its treasures. "January River" is a heartwarming cross-genre novel about five friends, one dog, and one river carrying a secret. "Cruel Summer" is a gripping young adult cross-genre novel about an abused teenager from New Manhattan who only wants to skate, but they have other plans for him.

My first two books were written at the beginning of the war in Croatia in 1991 amidst air alerts and illusory attempts when I wanted to believe and think that life is normal, that everything is all right with the world. I have published five novels, two novellas, and one book of poems in Croatian. Four of my books, including the book of poems, were translated into English.

My passion for music and entertainment resulted in my becoming a partner of Tom's Music Place, which was established in 2009 by my friend Thomas Carley Jr., whose objective was to raise the respect of music.

My desire to help others came to the fore during my years advocating environmental protection and advocacy of animal rights. I did volunteering work for the refugees, because suffering does not know any borders. When it comes within your reach in your home, you simply have to do something. As part of my animal advocacy activities, it has been a great honor and pleasure to translate "Eternal Treblinka: Our Treatment of Animals and the Holocaust" by Charles Patterson into Croatian.





Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!

Cruel Summer paperback – 1 winner,
Cruel Summer eBooks – 2 winners,
January River eBooks – 2 winners,
Look for Me Under the Rainbow eBooks – 2 winners,
A World Without Color eBooks – 2 winners,
$10 Amazon gift card – 1 winner

No comments:

Post a Comment