INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Review of The Assistant's Secret A Locke Industries Novel by Emerald O'Brien




Josephine Oliver has a secret.
As an assistant at security titan, Locke Industries, she’s presented with an opportunity to advance her career in the form of a test.

Josephine jumps at the chance to dig herself out of debt and earn the company’s respect on her way up the corporate ladder. But a visit with a potential client leaves her shocked, forcing her to reconsider everything she thought she knew about the company, those she works with, and herself.

When the client takes a particular interest in her, and his demands grow increasingly dangerous, Josephine must continue to fight for the life she’s always wanted or find a way to escape their clutches after learning the darkest secret of all.

In this installment of the standalone LOCKE INDUSTRIES SERIES, The Assistant’s Secret may be the one to destroy everything…

MY REVIEW:

EMERALD O'BRIEN IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE AUTHORS AND HER STORIES NEVER DISAPPOINT ME.  THE ASSISTANT'S SECRET IS ANOTHER BRILLIANT STORY BY THIS AWESOME AUTHOR.   THE STORY IS WELL WRITTEN SUSPENSEFUL MYSTERY THAT WILL HAVE YOU TURNING THE PAGES TO SEE WHAT THE NEXT TWIST IS GOING TO BE.   THE AUTHOR HAS CREATED A UNIQUE STORY WITH SOME VERY COMPLEX AND STRONG CHARACTERS. YOU ARE DRAWN INTO THE STORY FROM THE VERY BEGINNING AND THE AUTHOR WILL KEEP YOU GUESSING UNTIL THE VERY END.   THE ENDING WILL TAKE YOU BY COMPLETE SURPRISE.

JOSEPHINE IS OFFERED A PROMOTION AT LOCKE INDUSTRIES, INC. SHE JUMPS AT THE JOB OFFER BECAUSE SHE DESPERATELY NEEDS THE MONEY.  JOSEPHINE IS TAKING CARE OF HER SISTER AND NEPHEW.  WHAT JOSEPHINE DOESN'T REALIZE HOW FAR LOCKE INDUSTRIES WILL GO FOR THEIR CLIENTS AND WHAT THE COMPANY EXPECTS FROM HER?  WHEN JOSEPHINE WANTS OUT, SHE REALIZE THERE IS NO WAY OUT OF LOCKE INDUSTRIES OTHER THAN DEATH?

I REALLY ENJOYED THIS PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER AND I WAS IMMEDIATELY DRAWN IN.  I LOVE JOSEPHINE'S CHARACTER.  SHE WAS A GOOD PERSON WHO WAS STRUGGLING AND LOCKE INDUSTRIES JUST TAKES ADVANTAGE OF HER.  THIS COMPANY IS TRULY EVIL AND DOING UNLAWFUL THINGS AND DRAWING PEOPLE INTO THEIR CRIMES.  IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR GREAT PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE ASSISTANT'S SECRET.  IF YOU HAVEN'T READ EMERALD O'BRIEN'S BOOKS, YOU TRULY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING.  5 STARS




Biography
Emerald O'Brien is a Canadian author, born and raised just east of Toronto, Ontario. She graduated from her Television Broadcasting and Communications Media program at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario.
In 2014, Emerald decided to pursue her life-long passion for writing unpredictable stories packed with suspense.
When she is not reading or writing, Emerald can be found with family and friends. Watching movies with her two beagles is one of her favourite ways to spend an evening at home.
To find out more, visit Emerald on her website: http://emeraldobrien.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment