INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, January 9, 2017

Review of Judgment of Souls The Call of the Righteous Book 2 by Margarita Felices




Rachel has a promise to keep. When Max arrived at the Elysium and started to court the young Rachel, who knew why he was really there? Who knew what he was planning?
Who knew he’d frame her parents and leave behind such misery? Who knew he’d break her heart?
Rachel should have known.

It may take time to track him down, but she will and she’ll make him sorry.In the second part of this vampire trilogy, Rachel searches for Max and the missing vampire artefact to save her parents.
Meet her new best friend who happens to be mortal, meet her handsome Count destined for the guillotine and meet the Righteous, the fierce vampire hunters.

MY REVIEW:

I HAVE NEVER READ ANYTHING BY MARGARITA FELICES BEFORE AND I AM SO GLAD I DID.  I LOVE HER TAKE ON VAMPIRES.  SHE USES ALOT OF HISTORY THROUGHOUT THE STORY TO EXPLAIN THE VAMPIRES, THE CHURCH AND THE VAMPIRE HUNTERS.  I REALLY ENJOYED THE PLOT AND ALL THE CHARACTERS ESPECIALLY RACHEL  RACHEL IS ONE TOUGH VAMPIRE WHO IS OUT FOR REVENGE FOR WHAT MAX DID TO HER AND HER PARENTS.  ALONG WITH HER HANDSOME MORTAL FRIEND, SHE CONTINUES TO HUNT MAX DOWN AND THE ARTIFACT.  WILL SHE STOP HIM BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE?

I REALLY ENJOYED MARGARITA'S WRITING, HER PLOT AND CHARACTERS. THERE IS CONSTANTLY SOMETHING HAPPENING THROUGHOUT THE BOOKS.  JUDGMENT OF SOULS IS FILLED WITH ACTION, SUSPENSE, ROMANCE AND MURDER.  YOU WILL ENJOY MARGARITA'S TAKE ON THE VAMPIRES. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING THE REST OF THE BOOKS IN THE SERIES.  4 STARS




Biography
IF YOU LIKE YOUR VAMPIRES DARK AND CLASSIC, THEN CARRY ON READING.

JUDGMENT OF SOULS is a Gothic horror in which a naïve pureblood Vampire is tossed into the mortal world. Rachel meets Daniel, a nightclub owner and his group of friends and after Daniel's best friend is murdered by Max, becomes embroiled in the search. Rachel tries to fight off her feelings for Daniel, even siding with her Vampire friend Arun to think again about Daniel's involvement, but he's her love and she's going to protect him, no matter what.

Rachel, Daniel and Arun's quest would immediately excite readers of Stephenie Meyer's The Twilight Saga, Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter and L.J. Smith's Vampire Diaries books. Rachel is a Vampire of today: conflicted, compassionate, idealistic and now extremely dangerous. She's kind, thoughtful and also a vicious killer. JUDGEMENT OF SOULS is the first of a proposed series of three books that will chronicle her life from leaving the safety of the Vampire Elysium to her subsequent battle with Max that spans over 300 years. The first book will lead with the discovery of the Book of Cain by Rachel's father during the Crusades. It will cover the birth of Rachel and it will finish with her parents dark punishment. Then the second will follow Rachel as she searches for Max and the book, travelling from continent to continent, she will encounter a handsome Count heading for execution in the French Revolution and run-ins with a group of Vampire killers called the Righteous. These novels will be bloodthirsty and violent, but along the way, there will be tales of love and romance and heartbreak.

*
*
The PSYCHIC. I liked the sound of this story when I first began to write it. It was originally a screenplay so I took it to pieces and made it more descriptive. Beryl is a con artist and after she's left penniless she comes across this scam while walking through a market and five years later, and being very good at it, she now has a great life. But Beryl really shouldn't mess about with this sort of thing, because you never know who's going to visit you next.
*
*
My first ever romantic story THE STORY OF MY HEART.
Megan made a choice and it was a wrong one, but now she gets a second chance and deep down she's scared to death. I suppose the underlying story here is something we're all afraid of... what if?
What if I'd turned that other corner?
What if I'd spoken to that man and not ignored his interest?
*
*
And the last is a Christmas trilogy. A collection of short stories to curl up with on a cold winter's day. Have you ever wondered why Santa only visits once a year?
*
*
A Model Christmas. Did Ashley make a terrible mistake leaving the man she loved to pursue her career? She's home for Christmas and about to find out.
*
*
A Christmas Dance. Christmas is the time to be with your loved ones, but not for Jane this year. Christmas will never be the same when you're left alone. But this year a promise will come true.
*
*
The Christmas Gift. Maya didn't do Christmas, but this year she's met Nick and it feels like he's the perfect gift. But Nick holds a very dark secret and after he leaves Maya with a special gift, she's anxious to repay him for it.
*
*
ORDINARY WINS. Have you ever thought that life had passed you by? Ever look in the mirror and wonder where you had gone? This story will give you hope that it's not too late! Sex, drugs and rock n roll.... the life you may dream about, the emotions you want to tell the world... all in one little story!
*
ooOoo
ABOUT ME.
I live in Cardiff with my partner and three little mad dogs and I work for a well-known TV broadcasting company. I love living in Cardiff because, for all its modernisation, there are still remnants of an old Victorian city. I love writing and base my stories in Cardiff because it has such character. When I can, I go out to the coast and take photographs, mind you, we have a lovely castle in the city centre and a fairytale one just on the outskirts, so when I feel I can't write anything, I take a ramble to those locations and it clears my head.
I suppose it was inevitable that some day I would write a novel. My teachers at school used to limit me to no more than ten pages. When I left school, I wrote short stories for magazines, and it paid my way through college. I am Gothic, I love the fashion, the architecture and the music. The club in my novel is real. When I was writing book one, I got all my club material and clientèle from here, I wouldn't have finished that section without it.

This is the link to my FB page if you'd like to take a look at what I'm all about.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Margarita-Felices/1406676682975558

http://www.facebook.com/JudgementOfSouls3TheKissAtDawn

@felicm60

No comments:

Post a Comment