INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Review of Loving Lexi by Lisa Survillas

Loving Lexi - Revised Banner


BOOK INFORMATION

TITLE – Loving Lexi
SERIES – The Lexi Series
AUTHOR – Lisa Survillas
GENRE – New Adult
PUBLICATION DATE – January 16, 2016
LENGTH (Pages/# Words) – 246 pages
PUBLISHER – Lisa Survillas
COVER ARTIST – Robin Harper with Wicked by Design





Loving Lexi - Book Cover

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Lexi

Reliving my past.
Confronting my mother.
Finding my family.

The summer before my senior year is a roller coaster of emotions, but I make it. I come out on the other side, stronger and ready to face my last year of San Francisco State University, when life takes another direction. The rock I’ve come to count on disappears emotionally and leaves me reeling. Will we find our way, or will I be lost and alone again?

Derek

Watching her pain.
Lifting her up.
Loving her strength.

The summer before my senior year is better than I could’ve imagined. Her strength knows no bounds and is truly inspiring to everyone around her. Then the phone call from my past comes and knocks me off my feet. Unable to look at her while dealing with this, I hide, like a coward. Will I get over this moment from my past, or will it drive a permanent wedge between us?





BUY & TBR LINKS






Loving Lexi - Full Wrap

EXCERPT

“You don’t know how happy it makes me to leave here with no reason to look back. Knowing I left everything behind feels like I’ve lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders. I feel so much lighter, like I can breathe freely again. The clamp around my lungs is gone.”

In that moment, the joy on her face touches me in a way I can’t even explain, and I can’t help but pick her up and twirl her around, sharing in her excitement. I hope the expression on her face is here to stay. My stomach has been in knots for days wondering what she would have to deal with here, but this ending is more than I could’ve ever imagined.

MY REVIEW

PROJECT LEXI AND LOVING LEXI, BOOKS 1 AND 2 OF THE LEXI SERIES WERE TERRIFIC READS. I FOUND MYSELF EASILY DRAWN IN THE STORY.  BOTH BOOKS WERE VERY EMOTIONAL AT TIME AND I FOUND MYSELF CRYING FOR BOTH CHARACTERS.  THEN I WAS SMILE AND LAUGH.  LISA DID A WONDERFUL JOB WITH THE CHARACTERS.  I HAVE NEVER MEANT A MORE PERFECT MATCH THEN DEREK AND LEXI.  BOTH CHARACTERS WERE LITERALLY HIDING FROM THE WORLD AND PEOPLE.  THEN THEY MEET AND HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER FOR A SCHOOL PROJECT.  THE PROJECT ALLOWS THEM TO OPEN UP TO EACH OTHER TO HELP THEM HEAL. 

LEXI AND DEREK HAVE GONE THROUGH SO MUCH.  BOTH HAVE BEEN HURT AND HAVE HAD SO MUCH HEARTACHE AND PAIN.  I LOVED THEM BEING TOGETHER. THEY BROUGHT SO MUCH TO EACH OTHER LIVES.  IT WAS SO ENJOYABLE TO WATCH LEXI OPEN UP AND ENJOY LIFE AGAIN.  THE SAME GOES FOR DEREK. HE FOUND LEXI AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERED BUT TO MAKE HER HAPPY AND TO HELP HER HEAL.  DEREK WAS ABLE TO FACE HIS DEMONS BECAUSE HE SAW HOW VERY STRONG LEXI WAS.  I ABSOLUTELY LOVED  DEREK.  HE WAS SO PATIENT AND KIND WITH LEXI.  IT WAS SO OBVIOUS HE LOVED HER SO MUCH.  I LOVED LEXI TOO.  SHE WAS SO VERY STRONG DESPITE EVERYTHING SHE FACED AND BECAUSE OF DEREK'S LOVE WAS ABLE TO FACE HER DEMONS AND TO BEGIN TO HEAL.  I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES.  I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SERIES AND LISA'S WRITING.  LISA IS A VERY PASSIONATE WRITER AND HAS A WAY OF DRAWING YOU INTO HER STORY WITH HER WORDS.  YOU COULD FEEL EVERY EMOTION THAT THE CHARACTERS FELT. THE STORY AND CHARACTERS FELT SO VERY REAL.  THERE WAS NEVER ANY DOUBT ON HOW THE CHARACTERS TRULY FELT.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU READ THIS SERIES.  JUST BE WARNED IT IS VERY EMOTIONAL AND THERE ARE SOME SERIOUS SUBJECT MATTERS.  YOU WILL CRY, LAUGH, SMILE AND BE ANGRY AT TIMES.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE OF LISA'S BOOKS.  SHE HAS NOW BECOME ANOTHER FAVORITE AUTHOR.  5 STARS






Loving Lexi - Author Photo

AUTHOR BIO

Hi! I'm Lisa. I live in SUNNY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA with my wonderful husband and two teenage children. With two kids in high school and involved in activities both inside and outside of school, I have a lot to juggle. When home, I lock myself inside the office to write. I've always loved to write, but life always seemed to be too busy.

When inspiration finally hit, I made the most of the time hubby and kids were busy and published my first book in February 2014. I've published a total of 4 books in the past year and am hoping to bring you a few more before 2015 ends.





AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS

Instagram – @authorlisasurvillas





GIVEAWAY PRIZES

$5 amazon gift card
Signed copy of Loving Lexi
2 kindle copies of Loving Lexi




This tour has been organized & hosted by
33c16-mini2bbutton

No comments:

Post a Comment